ga('create', 'UA-75845778-1', 'auto');
CONVENE. CONNECT. COLLABORATE.
The Create Campaign, Inc. features a series of original programs that bring diverse entrepreneurs together with service partners to help strengthen minority business ownership.
Prosper Community Contractor Collective
Calling all small & emerging minority-owned Wichita area contractors in disciplines including:
lawncare • hauling • painting • electrical • and small repair companies
In an effort to provide ongoing professional development and training to minority businesses, Create Campaign, Inc. presents Prosper. This initiative will provide contractor education in collaboration with Kansas Business Services.
Participating contractors will then be eligible to bid on home and neighborhood improvement projects generated by residents who have been impacted by the installation of transmission lines in central-northeast Wichita.
Those residents will assist Create Campaign, Inc. in awarded funded contracts to companies participating in the Prosper Community Contractor Collective.
Contractor courses for approved participants:
6 p.m.-8 p.m. | Dinner served at 5:30 p.m. | Founders' Grove, 2333 E. 21st St. N.
Feb. 4 | Professionalism & Brand Management
Feb. 11 | Business Strategy & Planning
Feb. 18 | Understanding the Proposal Process
Feb. 25 | Graduation
Community meeting - March 31, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. | Location TBA
Project submissions - March-April 2020
Project awards - April/May 2020
Project Implementation - May 2020-August 2020
CONTRACTOR PARTICIPANT CRITERIA
Must be a legally-structured, for-profit entity as defined by the Kansas Secretary of State's Office and/or operate using an EIN
Must have a minimum of one-year in business
Must show business activity in 2019
Must be a Wichita, Kansas-based company
Should be a socially disadvantaged company as described by the U.S. Small Business Administration
Must carry business insurance
Must agree to the terms and conditions of program
Must pay enrollment fee of $50, which covers materials and meals
The Prosper Community Contractor Collective is funded by the
Evergy Investment Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation
What People Are Saying About the
- I am so grateful to have had an opportunity to attend a Create Campaign forum. I discovered several valuable resources and it was comforting to know that there is a great support system for small business owners here in Wichita.
- When I hear the words Create Campaign I think small business empowerment; small business information; build your network. I have learned the difference between a small business and a hobby. I have several new contacts and ideas on how to create my new small business when I'm ready. Knowledge is power. I had no idea there was so much help here for small business development!
- I look forward each year because it inspires me to set goals and follow my dreams.
- I must find funding. It's time for me to take off. I am grateful for the access of information.
- ...it helped me really understand the next steps I need to take to grow my business.
Follow us on Facebook
Create Campaign Speakers
Create Campaign participants are exposed to top industry experts and cutting-edge entrepreneurs.
Here are a few of our most recent keynote speakers, workshop leaders and panelists.
Founder and CEO at KingFit
Seed Law, LLC
Kansas City, MO
Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
AB&C Bilingual Resources, LLC
Attorneys at Law
Apples & Arrows
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
La Raza, Inc.